Monday, May 27, 2013

Quoted Speech and Reported Speech

I. Answer the question beginning with "He/She asked me..."

1. What time is it?

  • He asked me what time is it?
2. Did you finish your assignment?
  • She asked me if I had finished my assignment
3. Have you seen my sister?
  • Shw asked me if I had seen her sister
4. Is what you said really true?
  • She asked me if what I said was really true
5. Who do youthink will win the champions league?
  • He asked me who I think would win the champions league

II. Change the following quoted sentences into reported ones

1. Vera said, "You should come to the seminar"
  • Vera said i should come to the seminar
2. "Is what I've heard true?" said Shinta
  • Shinta asked me if what she had heard was true
3. Bayu said, "come to my birthday party"
  • Bayu said come to his birthday party
4. Hilda said, " I need to eat now"
  • Hilda said she did need to eat then
5. "Can you meet me, "Irfan said, "after class?"
  • Irfan asked me to meet him after class

No comments:

Post a Comment